“I already have a website, why do I need an app?”
It’s a question for businesses just venturing into the world of mobile apps. You may have had this thought yourself. It’s a fair question.
The truth is, right now, you might not “need” an app for your business.
Two decades ago businesses didn’t necessarily “need” websites either – they had the Yellow Pages.But considering the future of your business is always worthwhile even if it doesn’t seem like the future is now.
Think of your website like your business’ signage whereas your app is the friendly greeter at the door of your shop.
An app is where people can go to do business with you. They already know who you are and what you’re about. This is where people turn when they’re already on board with your brand.
A website is where people start learning about you. There they’re able to research what you do and what you can offer. It’s almost like a technological billboard.
When a customer downloads your app you’re able to connect with them in ways you can’t with a website:
● Mobile loyalty programs, which are convenient for customers to use and encourage regular visits to your location
● Push notifications, which alert users to your business’ events and specials, with the option of geo-fencing to reach specific locations
● Ordering tabs and special request forms for fast, easy transactions
● Options for customers to upload photos and other user-generated content
● Events tabs, which can track attendance and boost customer participation
● Other tabs customized for your business’ needs, so all the information you want to share with users is right at their fingertips
In a nutshell a mobile app is a means to interact with customers long after they’ve gone home.
By downloading your business’ mobile app your customers are showing appreciation for what you do. They’re inviting you into their everyday lives even if they only stop in once a week.
While we are constantly inundated with “pings” from Starbucks reminding us of Frappuccino happy hour or the bank reminding us that bills are due, why not reserve a spot in your customers’ day too?
If customer retention is the ultimate goal of any business owner it’s imperative to stay on the forefront of customers’ minds when they’re always being communicated with by other businesses.
You don’t have to be the Starbucks of the world to create a world class app.
Whether you have 10 or 10,000 customers – you deserve that “ping” just as much as anyone else.
I founded Unleashed Mobile Apps with the goal to help small business owners bring their visions to life.